Old 04-05-15, 03:59 PM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacement 32 T Octalink Chainring or whole crankset?

Who has alu chainrings cheap? I figure out it is the middle chain ring that jumps by getting on a hill and standing on the pedals. No jumping or skipping on the small or large chainring. Looking to do a cheap fix. (I replaced the chain, it was 12-1/4 inch! Also the rear cluster.) Bike is a used Raleigh Talus 8.0.

Post # 7 I tried to clarify a bit)

(Sidenote: most of my riding will be low-gear on Singletracks, not much gravel or time will be spent in the large chainring. Also it didn't take the brand new chain long to rust - just a couple rides this winter and bucket wash when done. Sheesh)

Cranks are Shimano Octalink MC361 42 - 32 - 22 T, BCD 104 / 64 mm

Addendum: 2010 Talus, 8 speed. MC361 on the bike specs, but I could only find Shimano Tech docs for FC-M361

Attached Images
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.

Last edited by RoadTire; 04-06-15 at 10:24 AM. Reason: corrections / addendum