View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 08:08 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by willibrord
I thought I would see something online about this product, but nothing. Perhaps the store isn't carrying it for other reasons.
NO store carries every brand. The fact remains that chemicals aren't good for your health, some of them in surprisingly small quantities, as evidenced by 79pmooney's post.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more green/organic/non petroleum based lubes, I think there would be a market for it these days. What about bees wax? Do any of the wax based lubes use bees wax?
I don't want to hijack this rather strange thread into a debate about acetone or whatever, but liver cleanses are complete quackery and I wouldn't take much from that story in terms of evidence. The statement that "chemicals aren't good for your health" is on its face, absurd. We are composed entirely of chemicals and elements. Some chemicals are harmful, others not, and some are only harmful in such huge quantities as to likely never to be encountered.

Frankly, if you're not willing to name the lube, I see no point in this thread.
Likes For livedarklions: