View Single Post
Old 04-25-24, 10:59 AM
mechanicmatt
Hoards Thumbshifters

Bikes: '23 Black Mtn MC, '87 Bruce Gordon Chinook, '08 Jamis Aurora, '86 Trek 560, '97 Mongoose Rockadile, & '91 Trek 750

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 193 Posts
Originally Posted by daywood
Great looking bike! I’d love to hear how you like those Denham bars so far. They look cool as hell. I’ve been thinking of trying some alt bars. I like the idea of the “hoods” on those and wonder how they ride.
I like them a lot. I like 3 hands positions for the most part, out at the end where the grips are for most of the riding, the two posts that are supposed to mimic the tops of drops are nice to be semi arrow, and then the part where the posts and the bars meet are kind of a nice spot to have you hands when you are climbing. I had the bars on a previous bike and have been using them for 5 or so years now, like them. Climbed up Going to the Sun Road with them once, perfect for it.

They work better with shifters under the bar or as grip shift though. I would like to move the thumbshifters to the inner bar part actually but need some clamper style mounts instead. Its the only flaw otherwise, I love the feel.
Likes For mechanicmatt: