Old 01-25-19, 02:16 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Radish_legs
Last night I raced the Midweek Criterium Race (B). I had only ridden my bike for about 30 minutes in the past 7 days, so I was definitely low on my TSS. A race would be an interesting way to get back on the bike. It was a 14 lap crit, 26 miles. 46 starters. My goal was to just stay in the group and go for the final sprint. Hopefully there would be no breakaways. The course had a couple of very short 4% climbs, and I would typically fall back a little bit on those. But catch back on with the downhill. First 12 minutes or so was averaging 300 watts. No breakaways got away. On the final lap, I concentrated on not falling back on the short climbs. Put out more power. By now, we only had about 20 riders in the lead group. I planned to punch it about what was 30 seconds from the finish line at our average lap speed. However one person took an early flyer. I was late to respond. But I chased. But I was not in his slipstream at all. No man's land. Well before my planned sprint point. But I kept going. Soon he ran out of gas and I passed him. Continued as hard as I could, held off the pack. Finished first. Zwift races are fun. And a good workout.
Congrats!

Was this in real racing or Zwift?

my race videos