burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
For CX, straight line rolling resistance doesnt matter that much, doubly so if youre new. You'll loose more time each corner from too high of pressure compared to the losses due to RR. A crash or even a bobble will erase any time gained from higher pressure. If tubeless you should noy be any higher than 30psi. Even with tubes you should start at that pressure and see if you get lunch flats, preferablu during practices. Im running sub 28psi at all times in all conditions at 180lbs on tubeless and tubular.
Thanks.

The RR thing makes sense versus cornering grip.

Definitely sounds too high though right now on pressure. And maybe too "fast" of a tire for not enough grip for a newer rider. I can ride the park above my house and give it a try. I know one thing, if I was bouncing during the race.....it had to have been 'wrong'.

I know tubeless is the future, but is there any merit on lower pressure and pinch flats and running latex? If I'm into this, I'll probably go tubeless or tubulars. I know how to glue from my TT tire stuff. A latex tube is cheaper/faster to try than selling and buying wheels to go tubeless or tubular.