View Single Post
Old 09-24-19, 09:14 PM
TriBiker19 
Just call me Carrie

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '85 Shogun 200, '89 Centurion Ironman Master, '89 Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts
I need help - racing bike

So I have a Shogun 200 which weighs about 500 pounds when I ride it. I have a Centurion Ironman that I'm not sure will be done for my half ironman and century ride next spring/summer.

I have to find a race bike. Something in an 80s model, preferably Japanese. What am I looking for? What are my options for a good race bike that's pretty easy to find? I used to have a Fiji that I adored and parted with about 16 years ago when I moved across country. I got a Trek hybrid 12 years ago and hated it and didn't ride again until getting the Shogun 6 years ago. What should I be looking for in terms of models? I'm okay with trying to find a fixer bike or riding something that's a little on the heavy side, but the Shogun has lived up to the name and really does feel like an invisible hand is pushing me back while pedaling.

Help, guys... It's the end of season and I'm looking at the craigslist posts and wondering if anything will work for me. I don't want another touring bike, I need a racer.