Old 11-26-16, 03:51 PM
OldFartCyclist

Location: Pasco, Washington - the brown side of the Pacific NW

Bikes: 2020 SWorks Tarmac SL6 w/ Shimano DA 9100; 2016 Lynskey R240 w/ DA 9100, 2014 SWorks Roubaix w/ DA 9100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Lynskey...CONGRATULATIONS!! I have the older (3 years old if that's called old) Peloton (with the 105 package) which is related to the newer R150. I got mine through Adrenalin Bikes because I wanted to do some swapping of parts which they would do, so I swapped the rear 105 derailleur to Ultegra, FSA headset to Cane Creek 110, Lynskey fork to ENVE 2.0, stock Shimano cables to DA9000 (which made the 105 feel at least as smooth as Ultegra!), and the wheels from black Shimano RS500 to silver Shimano RS501 because it has a slightly deeper dish but that was an even trade. I really like my Lynskey and that's after coming off an 84 Trek with Suntour Superbe components I got new and put over 160k miles on it. I have a lot of other bikes but I wanted something different, I didn't want a stiffer race frame so the Peloton was a sport frame which rides very nicely.

I like the Lynskey so much I'm almost considering doing something crazy and sell all my bikes except for the one Lynskey I have now and buy the Lynskey Backroad touring bike...I haven't gotten to the crazy side yet, but I'm sure thinking about it, it will depend on how much touring I'll be doing when I retire will depend on if I go crazy if I find my current touring bike needs a major upgrade to do cross country stuff.

Everyone that I know or have talked to that's ridden a Lynskey, loves 'em.

I met up with a fella last spring that was riding one and we rode and talked bikes for awhile. He had a Specialized Tarmac Elite that he said he would give up before he gave up the Lynskey. He was riding a R230 but the frame was a 52, so when he offered to let me swap rides for a few miles, I declined because I ride a 58 and I didn't think I would be comfortable enough on it to give an honest evaluation. Buying the Lynskey now is a leap of faith for me, but I think I've done enough research that it isn't going to be a mistake. You reinforce that with your post. Lynskey just had a fantastic sale on the R240 and then a last minute Black Friday code on factory direct buys. I caught the sale on the last day. I figure that for less than 1/2 price - shipped, I can't really go wrong. It's my retirement present to myself. Ten days ago they said it would ship in about three weeks. I am in quiet but restless anticipation.

Like you, I'm intrigued by the prospect of something new and different. I have a garage full of mid to high end parts and several spare very good wheelsets. (I'm a horse-trader by nature). The stock wheelset that the bike comes with is most likely going to become my trainer wheelset and I have a set of Mavic Kyserium ES wheels that will go on the bike. So I'm prepared to change a few things out if I need to.

This sounds like the spiel I gave to my wife when I talked her into giving me permission to add to my stable of bikes.