View Single Post
Old 03-20-18, 04:38 PM
Scooty Puff Jr

Bikes: I'm a Flatbar Guy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I really love my FXS6 but I was never happy with the way the derailleur stuck out from the chain stay of the bike. Shimano has the Shadow Derailleurs for the MTBs but just recently came out with the Shadow Derailleurs for the Ultegra groupset. I really like the way the Shadow Derailleurs tuck up under the chain stay, they look so much cleaner, they also eliminate the big shift cable loop and the shift cable is routed to the inside which is much cleaner, also it protects the derailleur a little more from getting snagged on a protruding object.

I found a good deal on a Ultegra Shadow rear derailleur and decided to install one just because I like the cleaner look. I am also running a 12/25 cassette so I went with a short cage derailleur, I had to remove 3 links from the chain, but the bike shifts even crisper than it did before, so win win !

I’ve installed a bunch of derailleurs and this one was bar far the easiest to set up. The Limit screws and B-screw are allen head, so adjustments were easier than using a screw driver. The barrel adjuster is also really precise, only needed a couple clicks of it and had it shifting and sounding nice pretty quick.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by Scooty Puff Jr; 03-20-18 at 06:05 PM.