Old 06-25-19, 11:03 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
I blame the rider more than the manufacturer. A shop can only sell you something if you buy it.

A lot of riders just jump trends and get all into the latest thing, Right now they are around the corner gushing about gravel grinders which to me, are just road bikes with bigger tires. I find it a little frustrating because I like gravel too but so much of the discussion is about buying the hot model/product and less about riding them.

I don't have a lot of disposable income (or rather several hobbies that compete for what I do have), so I tend to go low budget for a while and do a lot of experimenting before making a bigger purchase.

As it is I have:

a road bike
a groomed gravel/dike bike
a rigid mtb with suspension
a full squish DH mtb
and a collection of project bikes.

Discounting the project bikes and these days thinking of downsizing I look at how I can cover the spectrum with fewer bikes by flexing their intended purpose. The road bike can go from pavement to reasonable gravel with a tire/wheel swap and the fat bike goes from reasonable gravel to as technical as I can ride again with perhaps a tire/wheel swap. That leaves out full racing road and full technical downhill but I can live with that as I am not so extreme either way.

This week I am working on a trailer for my Kayak so I can haul it with my Fat bike. I've got the trailer done and now just need to make a hitch that connects to the nose of the Yak.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 06-25-19 at 11:08 AM.