View Single Post
Old 08-12-19, 01:27 PM
dglevy
Dopamine Junkie

Bikes: (1) Giant TCR racing bike, Ultegra/DuraAce groupo. (2) Kastle TT bike, Ultegra groupo.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
The 'DC Pacelines' website mentioned here above appears to have been abandoned. It hasn't been updated in a long time. I submitted a correction and addition twice and the changes were not made to the site. A ride leader I know has also been persistently trying to get their ride description corrected--without success.

So, as far as I know, this forum thread returns to being the most up to date and comprehensive source for fast training rides.

I have put in an update to the weekdays 12:30 pm Bethesda Ride at post #54 .

I was told the following regarding the Tuesday/Thursday Goon Ride (described at least once here, previously): The ride starts in Garrett Park at or near the northernmost end of Beach Drive. The start time varies according to sunset times. Right now, it's starting at 6:30 pm; it will start earlier as the days become shorter--it has been 5:30 pm in late October. The hardest parts are the climbs up Ridge Rd and Stoneybrook Dr.

I have been told there is Tuesday/Thursday 6 pm Hains Point ride that starts out with a fairly large pack but gets whittled down due to the high speeds. Personally, I will check out the Tuesday edition--Thursdays are too crowded for comfort with pedestrians, rollerbladers and slow riders...

9/4/19: I just learned about a Bicycle Place Wednesday Evening Ride. The start times get earlier as the days get shorter. 6:15 pm, at the moment. Looks like they aim for about a 1 1/4 hour ride, assuming it ends at sundown. Part of the ride is on the newly paved, super smooth, Beach Drive...

Last edited by dglevy; 09-04-19 at 11:28 AM.
Likes For dglevy: