Old 08-11-20, 11:09 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
supermatt9 modern seats rely on your sit bones and perineum area to provide the support for whatever body weight that is not on your arms/hands. Be especially careful about the perineum area. It is an easy area to damage and can cause prostatitus which is a painful swelling of your prostate area causing blood in your urine, lots of pain, and hard urination. If you tip the seat forward to reduce the pressure on the perineum then you increase the pressure on your sit bones and high pressure points on your skin where the sit bones and seat meet. This issue tends to follow bicyclists all their lives. Some people are fortunate to find good comfortable solutions. The rest of us are on a never ending search for bicycle seat happiness. Recumbent bicycles generally have much better seats than upright bicycles and really don't hurt at all. I ride noseless bicycle seats like the Hobson EasySeat II on my upright bikes and it is generally pretty good. But because you only have sit bones holding your weight it is easy to get skin sores under the high pressure points of your sit bones. When I tire of my upright bicycles seats I get on my Ryan Vanguard recumbent and pedal happily pain free down the road. Unless the roads you ride are unusually rough a suspension seatpost wont really help with high pressure point areas. You are still sitting on the seat all the time whether it is suspended or not. Try different saddle angles, forward and back. Try different saddles. Try moving your handle bars up, down, further away and closer to you. Be patient and honestly evaluate each change you make. Woofy advises a bicycle fit and that may help a lot. Good luck
Likes For tallbikeman: