View Single Post
Old 07-23-08, 02:30 PM
bab2000

Bikes: riders:Schwinn Continental ('80), Specialized Crossroads Sport ('07), Schwinn Super Sport (73), Schwinn Superior (76), Projects: Schwinn Sprint ('74), Trek 800 & Schwinn Continental ('71)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Weak Link
Hence I'm coining the term "Froseur" ('pronounced froze-yer'), someone who combines major features of both populations.
Could you be one?
Well I guess I am more Fred like, is there term "Fred-eur". I hav not gotten to the bke shorts, and when do will opt for bibs, not bike shirts yet, just bright colored "Ts", and out for ride with wife, a tropical print shirt, not tucked in

No socks, yet sport shoes of sorts, kinda of a hybrid sandal/water shoe, but harder sole than running shoes, very comfortable for biking.

Hybrid - Mirror to end of the bar type, rear rack with top mount bag, loaded with medical and fix-up tire kits with multi-tool and camera, plus cell phone, and often Blackberry when out during business hours for the west coasters.

Road bike, Schwinn 80 Conti with alloy rims - no bag, but fanny back with some gear, but same dress. Oh, mirror attached to end of drop down, in place of tape cap. And usually have fingerless gloves on this steel rider. Same arrangement with restored 87 Schwinn Traveler with more aggressive set-up with out mirror on this rider. (Pic before clean-up and new tires

Both bikes are now fitted with odometers (velo5).

I must be a sight!, no wonder few, if any speak, when I am out and about