Old 05-17-19, 09:40 AM
arsprod 

Bikes: Fairdale Weekender Drop, Motobecane 29LTD, Cannondale H400, Basso Coral

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by beachball42
@arsprod I rode into that same storm last night. I got the alert on my phone and looked at the radar and thought I had plenty of time to get home, about 5 minutes into my ride the rain was on me. Riding on the Monon trail I was somewhat protected. The heavy stuff really hit when I was less than a mile to go and the wind started to really whip up fast. With the thunder and lightning I took shelter at one of the neighborhood community pools, they had a covered porch to their clubhouse so even though it was locked up I could at least get some shelter, just wasn't safe to try and continue. Had several bolts of lightning hit pretty close to me.

Riding in this morning, the section of the Monon trail I take had at least 4 big trees that had fallen across the trail (cleaned up some as the trail was open but the freshly cut tree trunk was on the side). There was a lot more damage then I realized, had I not left as early as I did i wouldn't have been able to get through last night. That storm came in a lot faster than the weather app and reports were saying. I sheltered at community pool for about 45 minutes waiting for the lightning to clear so I could get the last mile home.
You were sooooo much smarter than me! By the time I hit the worst of it I was north of Broad Ripple and no where to shelter except in the trees so gutted it out