Old 05-14-20, 11:01 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
1980's Nishiki Sebring set up for me. Yes I love riding on dirt roads and that includes my drop bar bike too.

I'm 6ft 5inch at 232lbs. My bicycles are 66,67,68cm tall frames respectively. 180mm cranks on 2 of them. One inch pedal extenders because my size 14, US, feet will hit the cranks and the bike frame otherwise. I like tall frames so my seatpost is not out so far. Seen a couple of bicycles with cracks and broken seatpost tubes because of long seatposts. I always double wrap my bars for better grip from my larger hands or I use something like mushroom grips on my straight bar bikes. More to grab onto. My handlebars need to be far enough away that I never hit them with my knees. On smaller frames that is an issue. So I either buy bicycles that have plenty of top tube reach or I put on longer stems as the gentleman suggests. Headtubes on my bikes are very long. Wheelsets need to be strong. I really like low gearing for overpasses and of course hills. A couple of my bikes have MTB triples up front with 24 tooth low gears. I loved his video and it was a pleasure to know someone even taller than I actually raced professionally. On another note I have been losing weight for over a year now and recently hit 232 lbs. I figure that I need to be sub 200lbs at my height before I finally get this fat gut of mine off of me. The reverse fat shaming made me laugh, wish I had that problem of being too light.