Old 06-30-20, 07:54 AM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions

Long story short, I see a lot of claims about the supposed inefficiencies and hazards of platforms (slipping off, bad feet placement, etc.) that I know from very long experience are not really valid, at least for me. As you say, a lot of these threads are platform users seeking to confirm their preferences, but I submit that there's at least as much energy put out there by people trying to confirm their own preferences for "clipless."

Use what you like and what you feel safe/comfortable on. I have no reason to care about it. I will counter BS I hear about platforms, but since I've never used clipless and never will, I really don't have a valid opinion on whether they're "better".
I would have to agree with you. I ride both flats and clipless, depending on the bike, and the ‘mission’.
None of the assortment of injuries and battle damage I’ve picked up through the years have severely limited my mobility, and I like to think I have a slightly above average set of bike handling skills, so I can take advantage of what clipless pedals offer.

I also understand that they aren’t for everyone.
So, yeah, I’m pro clipless, but I try not to proselytize.
Likes For Ironfish653: