Old 07-02-20, 08:57 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by mlx5153
Many thanks T-Mar for the invaluable information you’ve provided on my Turista.
Understanding that the touring bike and/or Turista models were not of particular interest to Miele, from a marketing/positioning angle, do you or does anybody else have any idea how many Turista were produced by them in the 80’s before they drop the model for a few years?

PS
Rest assured that, as the only owner of this bike, my intent is for it to be my last bike as I thoroughly enjoy riding it. I'm just so interested to know everything about it and proud to ride a Canadian made bike.
Back around 1984 or so I bought a Miele Primo from Pedlar Bicycles on Avenue road just below Dupont. A bit later I bought a Miele Primo. Both bikes were about $389.00 and were very similar - almost identical in fact except that the Primo had a double crankset and single pivot brakes. I used two Rivniuts to mount a third bottle cage under the downtube.

I liked my Turista a lot and the only thing I didn't care for were the cantilever brake caliper arms that stuck straight out from the frame and sometimes got pressed against the rim by the panniers. That was fairly common thing though back then and Minoura had rear a rack with a section on it that went over the cantilever arms to prevent that.

I now have an old Miele Uno LS (originally red) that I had converted to a touring configuration with cantilever brazeons, brake cable stop, rack mounts and third bottle cage mount (under the downtube) and it looks a lot like a Turista. Either bike is fine for moderate touring loads and distances.

Cheers