Old 07-16-19, 03:26 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
A new CR bolt that is long enough to go to the bottom of the threads plus carefully cleaning out the threads in the crank and removing any partial bits of threads, de -grease then assemble with a strong Loctite thread locker - not the blue designed for easy disassembly.

Should work OK.

I'm like @randyjawa I like to know that everything is properly assembled and works correctly. When I notice something doesn't feel or sound right, when I come off a ride, I take the bike into my shop and check it out to find the cause before I ride it again.

BTW, back in the 80's I went through 3 Loctite Engineering Seminars where I learned about their complete product offerings and how to properly apply them. I've seen Loctite products used in the assembly of bulldozers and other heavy equipment, large diesel engines used to power ocean going ships and parts down to micro electronics.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)