View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 05:12 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
It wounds my pride to admit this, but I've had a rash of flats lately on the rando-commuter. Three since last Saturday's long ride, all on the rear tire. Panaracer Pari-Moto 38's at about the 3500 mile mark, so I shouldn't be too surprised or disappointed. The first was a tiny little sharp somethingorother that had burrowed its way to the tube. I took the opportunity to find and pick out a few other tiny little sharp bits in the tread. Next, a slow leak that turned out to be a pinhole right next to where I had patched the tube -- I was able to just top it off occasionally to get through Wednesday's club ride. And then today, I discovered that my tube was leaking out under the patch by a seam.

Clearly, I've been a little too smug about my ability to skirt punctures and patch tubes.

I just ordered a Loup Loup Pass and a fresh tube so that I can hopefully take a break from flats soon!
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498

Last edited by ThermionicScott; 07-12-19 at 05:15 PM.