View Single Post
Old 05-04-20, 10:44 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
The only reason that there is a Lockdown/a 6' separation law, IMO is to keep the health care system from collapsing... It is NOT going to stop the spread, it is NOT going to stop the virus, it is meant to slow it down, IMO it is here to stay... and... we will end up dealing with it, just like the flue virus, a certain % will die and the rest will live... it"s that simple. as I see it anyways..
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
If your assumption is correct then the plan and the experts that made it are as far off as the peak oil, total melting of the polar ice caps and Manhattan being under water. If saving the health care system was a reason then there must be some interesting board meetings going on by now. https://www.salon.com/2020/04/18/cas...aff-shortages/

Whatever conspiracy theories we might have, and yes I have heard the one about this being an attempt by the UN and WHO to equalize the worlds wealth. I am not as interested in that as I am in how we are going to look at transportation and human density in the future. While some have been hording toilet paper, pasta, beans and hand sanitizer others have cleared the shelves of gun stores of ammunition and weapons.(google it) It does not sound like we are coming together on this to me.

My question hasn't changed. Are we going to modify dense housing, dense transportation and maximum capacity for restaurants, sporting events and movies or might we learn to watch movies and sporting events from home with no people at the event? I will confess to a slight feeling of dread as the lift the shelter in place and we have to drive into Dallas to visit the my wife's pain management doctor. By the way I also wondered why Covid 19 closed the country and the flu season didn't? Because I am pretty sure subways, buses and trains are just as bad for spreading the flu as it is this virus.
OMG! Seriously? Did you call the earlier posters statement an assumption? They happen to be correct! Unlike the "Spanish Flu" (which actually originated in Kansas!) which took place in 1918/19, a time before embedded local and international media scrutiny, the Covid-19 outbreak is being covered 24/7 in excruciating detail. Modern sensibilities would be decimated by the spectacle of rows and rows of bodybags outside hospital centers. Hospitals that despite two decades of warnings by public health experts, shut down all their overcapacity to maximize profits.

What does that even mean that you are "more interested in how we are going to look at transportation and human density in the future"? Sorry, it is TOO LATE to return to living in prarie style bungalows separated by acres of farmland. We never lived like that even when the Mayflower sailed. From the beginning there were densely (relatively) populated colonies of people living communally. Of course there were the roamers and isolationists who COULD live like that because 'essential workers' in the cities brought them the things they could NOT provide for themselves out in whatever bumfart hollow or glen they removed themselves to.

Socially distanced, Rhode Island (our smallest state) can hold the entire planet (7.5B!) population. Let that sink in. Covid took off in Western countries because mask wearing is stigmatized. Even as many jurisdictions are mandating masks in public life, just as many are outlawing the wearing of masks in public. SMH. What a conflicted, contradictary MESS. Manhattan is NOT underwater, obviously. No one ever said it would be. The U.S. Navy has, however, had to evacuate their base on the Marshall Islands. The permafrost runways of the U.S. Navy and Airforce bases in the Arctic ARE melting and will soon become inoperable. Why are you even on a forum called "Living Car Free" if you are a climate change denyer?