Old 05-04-20, 01:30 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Not you. The person who said your 'assumption' on the lockdown being to protect hospitals was as valid as Peak Oil or Polar Ice Caps melting.
There are reasons people disagree.

Are you telling us that the lock down "helped" Smaller hospitals and medical practices? Are we to assume laying off Thousands of health care workers during a pandemic is the way to fight a war against that pandemic or can it be stated as a fact? Do you believe they are telling you the truth? Did New York run out of Ventilators or even need as many as they said? Did any hospitals have to turn patients away? Or did they have more than they needed and were able to send some to other states? Is this how we protect hospitals? https://www.salon.com/2020/04/18/cas...aff-shortages/
So it was a fact they were interested in saving hospitals for the populace? I still contend that is debatable. In most wars against something like this you don't send part of your army home. Small hospitals have real doctors and nurses as well and they are cutting staff. Not only that people act like there is no other sickness and people don't need cancer treatments right now. No thank you sir, I will stick with the assumption comparison. Because I remember the stated as fact, the Ice caps would be gone by now. I remember that the water was supposed to rise to flood Manhattan as a fact. I remember peak oil would be with us by the 70s then the 80s then the 90s then the 2000s. All these were facts when they were predicted. And yet they didn't come to pass. So if it doesn't happen is it a fact or an assumption? I admit at times I am a cynic but there is a reason for that. Climate change may get us or a real global pandemic or war, or they may not that is reality because no one Knows. But we can speculate how we will deal with the changes, and living like sardines doesn't seem to be the answer that the predictions promised it would be. Not a prediction and not scientific but an opinion of why I call some things assumptions. https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/50-ye...erts-are-0-50/ By the way I don't believe people standing in the corner with a sandwich board saying the world is coming to an end either. None of that has much to do with how we will have to deal with transportation needs in an age of Corona type pandemics. For me I wouldn't ride a bus loaded like they used to be or a subway during next flu season let alone a Covid 19 season coming back. My view doesn't have to match yours but it is my view.

Last edited by Mobile 155; 05-04-20 at 01:52 PM.