View Single Post
Old 02-23-14, 01:56 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailViewMount
DowneasTTer how did you find info about where you accessed the trail? I'm just curious. Also I would love to make an early visit to the extension ahead of the opening, but it is too far to drive from Sarasota. I'll wait until it's officially open.
We kind of found it by accident. We were hiking in Blue Run Park off Pen Ave in Dunnellon and found the trail. We walked the trail to the bridge and back to the new trail head near the sports complex. A worker told us that there are plans for a rest room at that trail head but we didn't see any work going on there. Yesterday we picked up our new bikes and ran into a couple of guys that had ridden from the sports complex to the bridge even though it isn't opened. The final pavement is going down so it should be a matter of a couple of weeks until done. Realize it is only 3 miles long with really the only way to get main trail is riding on busy RT 41 (not in the cards for me).