Old 12-20-15, 07:14 PM
cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
I took the bus to work the last few days due to a perverse laziness. We had some recent home renovations and the garage is full of leftover construction debris and my two commuter bikes had a flat tire and I couldn't find my floor pump in the garage. It might actually be stolen as I think I had left it out in the yard while the crew was using the garage. So I thought "to Hell with it" and took the bus a few days last week, even though it would only take a few minutes to stop off and buy a pump (the old one is almost worn out and probably due to be replaced) and a few more minutes to do the tires. Instead I wasted a huge amount of time riding the very slow and annoying public transit to my office. As previously mentioned the office is awkwardly located for transit connections to my house. It'll be better in a year or so when they finish a transit tunnel that is disrupting traffic flow on what should be the best route to work.

So anyway, finally today I bought a pump and fixed both bikes, so I hope to ride again a few times before the snow. If I do it is so much better than the transit that I can't believe I was too lazy to fix the tires immediately.