Old 08-08-18, 08:17 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
Even the term drug free is not definable... drug free... when you show up to work, do your 8 Hrs and go home and smoke a reefer... but get fired from work because the tests can't/don't differentiate "when" you were "under the influence" a big ass"d fail... So, I have refused to take drug tests for years and years ON PRINCIPLE, I have always told my employers I will take the drug test "IF" they said and actually accused me of being under the "influence" while working, and thus must "prove" my competence... Guess what, NOBODY actually/officially accused me, and only 1 company of … dozens and dozens + has ever fired me for refusing to take the test, then rumors floated around that I "must be using" or I would have taken the test... and guess what again, they called me over and over to come working for them years after... again, and again I said no thanks and continued to work for other companies that trusted me, a few more years go by and I said, sure I could work for you if I don't need to take the drug test, then I will... and Yes I would have passed any drug test, even a hair based drug test let alone a pisscup test, but F" them, innocent, innocent I say, so for the last 10 years of my working life I did not work for that company, but more than a few of their competitors used my services... and I survived, and made them $,$$$$,$$$. and that "other" company lost $,$$$,$$$.....
my state can require mandatory random drug tests. The job application has a box you must check. I used the random test several times and if anyone had a positive they were gone. You could refuse but then you would be gone because you checked the box when you got hired.

In close to 20 years I never had a termination overturned.

One of my friends had his son show up for a forklift job last week. First day they handed him a cup. The never even let him start a shift.

It is just the difference in how I view being “fill in the blank”. Free and how some other person might.

I had the added firepower of my employees had to deliver to sites where children children were attending classes. The state has strict rules in what you can do.

That however just shows how definitions focus our view on things. Litterly how car free is stated on this forum there is a hole big enough to drive a RV through. They are after all, not cars.