specialmonkey
Fillet-Brazed Member

Bikes:

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MattTheHat
I put about 3,000 miles on my Endurace before giving up on it. It is a very nice bicycle, but the frame was just too stiff for me, so the ride was not comfortable enough for my beat up body. Otherwise there was no problem. Well one problem...the bike uses a 1-1/4” steerer tube, so finding a different length stem can be a bit of a challenge.

I had no need for customer service other than a couple of minor presale questions regarding conflicting specifications between models on their website. My questions were answered with several “I thinks” and “probablies.” This was not confidence inspiring and as it turned out the answers should have been “No”.

I've been curious about the Endurace CF SL 8.0 Disc with Ultegra Di2. Which group did yours have? Have you sold it? Did it retain its value?

Did you turn the stem upside down? Apparently that will give an additional 6 degree rise. Did you end up replacing the stem? If so, with what?

I'm curious about the harshness? What bike did you ride before? What size did you get, did you go by the fit guide? The guide said I'm at the upper end of a small (54cm),

but I think I would get a medium, which apparently is 56cm, which is what I normally ride.

I have a Cannondale ST with large aluminum tubes, which I find to be quite harsh (compared to steel), but since it's from the late 80s, I expect a modern bike like the Endurace might be more forgiving (with its funky seat post and seat tube) ...

What were the unanswered pre-sale questions? Was the outcome of those satisfactory on receipt of bike?

I asked about the hubs (DT Swiss, didn't get model) and number of spokes (24) on the DT Swiss R1800s which isn't info included on their site, but the guy on the phone went to check and relayed the info.

I'm a bit put off by only 24 spokes on an endurance bike, but maybe wheels have gotten better?

I'd love to try such a modern bike but also worry about a harsh ride coming from mostly vintage lightweight steel bikes.