View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 11:51 AM
Alpaca06

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oxbowfarm
My wife and I are shopping for a used road tandem that we will probably put a good gravel tire on so that we can ride both road and trail. The pickings are slim for a small medium/small sized bike. Yesterday we tested a 2006 Cannondale road tandem that we felt comfortable on but it was a bit out of our price comfort level. Tomorrow we are taking a short road trip to test a small framed 1991 Santana Sovereign and a 2007 Cannondale road tandem. They are both priced within budget and about the same. The Santana has a drag brake and the Cannondale has disc. Providing the condition is about the same what would you recommend and what issues should we look for?

Thanks in advance!
I had converted a couple of Mid-2K's Cannodale MT800 / MT3000 /RT2000 for disc road riding, on the latest project (MT3000) I am using Di2 shifting with a set of Assault disc carbon wheels. I estimate this latest project will cost about $2000 US (without the wheelset since I already had it. Frame cost: $700 U.S. Di2 components $900 U.S. other parts $400 U.S Carbon disc fork $150 U.S..
Frame performance is excellent and since frames options are not many in this range. (Aluminum with disc brake mounts front and back.) A carbon or Titanium frame can cost $2,500 and up!.
I even got to hide (internally) All the Di2 wires, had a friend drill thru the aluminum tubing. I can load some pics. It looks really cool!!

Last edited by Alpaca06; 08-03-20 at 12:22 PM.