View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 08:26 PM
bkdu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hope you love it

We've had our Cannondale tandem for 24 years and LOVE it. We did tons of research and on paper were sold on Santanas. Then we test drove a bunch of different tandems. My wife and I told each other we wouldn't get sucked in by the beauty of the matte black Cannondale but then we rode it. We would have purchased it even if it were hideous, it just rode so nicely.

In thousands & thousands of miles, we only have had one issue but it was nearly fatal. Early on (maybe 7 years into owning it), the front Coda hub failed catasrophically. The flange, where the spokes meet the hub simply cracked, suddenly releasing several spokes. We had just come down a very high speed descent and a buddy riding behind us saw the break happen and screamed out for us to stop. What a scare. Needless to say we replaced the rear Coda hub asap as well.

One last thing that I'm a bit embarrassed to admit: I love bike maintenance but the Magura hydraulic brakes on the C'dale have been so rock solid that I've never once adjusted them, bled them or even replaced the fluid (I know, that's not good - fluid can go bad....) unbelievable. They are simply perfect.

Have fun with your "new" bike.