View Single Post
Old 11-25-20, 08:39 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,928 Times in 1,493 Posts
Originally Posted by oceanhaitang
This is for both Bianchigirll and T-Mar

So, this is wrong?
https://2velo.com/bianchi-bicycle-catalog-80s/
or this one...?
https://saarf.london/2014/03/01/bian...dbike-catalog/

I believe you guys... you seem to have a wealth of Bianchi knowledge. Just wanna confirm?

So technical question... which model brake levers and rear derailleur do you think it is? I think the levers are first gen C-Record and the RD is Victory S3? And why was Victory groupset mixed with the C-Record levers and Syncro 2 shifters? Was that common practice by the manufacturer? I was thinking maybe they had some NOS lying around? Got the bike from the owner of my favorite LBS and he got it from a friend that passed away who bought it brand new. Was tuned and lubed by the owner of the LBS it’s whole lifetime and said those were the original parts
To my eye yes they are incorrect. The first website seems to have the a partial 1986 Bianchi USA catalog mixed with some pages from an '85 Japanese catalog but just calls it all '85. The catalog marked as an '86 appears to be a partial Bianchi USA for '88. The '87 and '88 ones seem OK but they are Japanese so I can't tell for sure, plus models vary by country.

As to the equipment on that beautiful Giro, the catalog doesn't specify exactly which version of a group they are using so.. I don't believe there was ever a aero brake lever for the Victory group so to get aero levers the C-Record ones were used. As to the Syncro levers CampI only made one set of index shifter so they were shared, and intended to actually work, with all groups. Looking at Velobase and Disraeli Gears it looks like the S3

It used to be very common at one time to mix groups and even manufacturers. Before shipman ruined everything in the late '80s making a complete group for every price point down to $300 dollars or so it was very common to see mixed set ups on bikes to meet a price point. For example while Bianchi's top model in '84 might sport all Super Record, the next bike might be mostly Nuovo Record but with a Super RD. The next bike down might use Nuovo Record drive train but Modolo brakes, Gipiemme hubs, headset post and pedal and so on and so on down the line.

That Argentine Limited is fabulous too, I miss my '88 Trofeo in that color scheme, a very unique looking Bianchi

I personalized mine with some longer cranks, Chorus brake levers, and Wellgo Celeste SPD pedals. I left the OEM Suntour derailleurs, Modolo brake calipers, and Miche hubs

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll: