View Single Post
Old 08-14-19, 12:45 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by conspiratemus1
Well, likely you had/have an honest face and demeanour and they correctly pegged you as a non-smuggler (other than the salami.)
There were two lines at the airport, I was in the line for those that checked one or more boxes yes on the form, yes I had food with me.

The woman next to me in line was a teacher that had been chaperon for a group of high school students that had been on farms in S America as part of their studies of ag practices in S America. She honestly checked the box yes that she had been on a farm in a foreign country recently. But she commented to me that the couple dozen students all in her charge checked the boxes no, so the students were all in the fast lane. And she was worried that the students and other chaperons with the students did not have the paperwork for their next flight because she had all the paperwork, yet she was separated from them. The part I found most humorous was that I could see several of the students were eating while standing in the fast line and the only place you could have obtained any food to eat was from outside the country, yet they all checked the box no saying that they had no food.