Thread: Randonesia
View Single Post
Old 09-19-19, 12:36 PM
seajaye

Bikes: 650b traditional rando, 700c SS rando, 700c fast rando..... plus a mountain, folder, and retired urban track in the basement

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had been talking to some of my fellow Philly Dyno compatriots how I really did not enjoy myself during this year's qualifying PA SR. The rides were brutal and really grinded me down. There was no randonesia for me; I remembered very vividly how much each of those rides sucked. I couldn't wait to just have PBP "be over with" so I could quit rando and throw all my bikes into the river.

But pretty much immediately after it was over, we were all scheming for the next 1200k, 1000ks to get an ACP-5000, Raid Pyrenean, Super 600k's, and of course 2023.....

This was the same how I felt after doing Granite Anvil in 2017, loving randonneuring and feeling like 1200k really is "it". When I first started doing randonneuring, I didn't want to ride any distances more than 50 miles unless it was a brevet, and now I don't even want to ride the intermediate distances. 12 miles to get coffee or 1200km, and nothing in between.