Old 05-25-19, 05:10 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Recovery ride yesterday, about an hour. Cool, clear, windless; it would've been perfect were it not for the 95% humidity. It was still pretty nice.

Kind of a group ride today. I went out with two tri guys, and pacelining would've screwed up their training, so they were in the wind 100% of the time and I was in the wind about 90% of the time. I'm 6'1" and usually the guy everyone wants to draft off of. One of these guys was 6'4", so I had the luxury of a big draft.

There was a bit of drama for me at the beginning of the ride. The battery in my Allez Sprint's Powertap hub chose this morning to die, so I had to swap everything over to my old Look 585. That set me back almost ten minutes. I had a 30-minute ride to the meetup place and had given myself five minutes just in case. I ended up doing a 28-minute sweet spot interval from a cold start to get there in time.

I got there and it was me and my old lugged carbon, round tubed Look with Ultegra wheels and them with 2019 Shivs with deep carbon wheels. It worked out okay. 2:36, 175 TSS, .82 IF. It didn't feel all that hard. EF was 1.71, pretty happy with that at that effort level.

TSS goal for this week was 675-725. I'm at 673 now, so tomorrow will be another hour at recovery pace. Monday will be 4:30 at endurance pace.

Demain, on roule!
Likes For revchuck: