Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2592 Post(s)
Liked 3,080 Times in 1,631 Posts
^
same here

I tried my first workout on Zwift today, 4x5'x5' alternating 97% and 90% at FTP - the 60 min SST one, whatever it was called. I pulled the plug at the start of the last set. My HR was reasonably below LTHR, slowly climbed to ~5 bpm below by the end. ERG mode on. Not sure what the deal was, but it was difficult to keep going compared to outdoors. Somehow I have an easier time keeping similar power just free riding up the epic KOM.

Maybe try without ERG mode on? I think when I do this stuff outdoor (Fiesta) my power probably fluctuates more, and when the cadence bogs down in ERG it really sucks. Also - I def need more/better cooling. I think my HR was likely inflated due to overheating. I have a big lasko floor fan pointed up (with remote control), but I feel like I need a separate small, powerful one at head level pointed at my head, and maybe even one from the side.

Long term I'd like to be able to rely on indoor training for sub-threshold type work because it's safe and efficient. I will continue to explore my options. I don't have a secondary way to measure power to test the trainer as my only meter is in my training wheel (powertap) - but maybe I'll borrow one from a friend at some point.

Last edited by TMonk; 05-14-20 at 12:13 PM.