View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 07:42 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Jan 2019 Piru 20K ITT, W 3/4, 3rd of 6

Nice turnout today for the women at the Piru 20K ITT. In this pic you can see some serious racing chops: a current hour record holder, an ironwoman, state crit champ and at least 3 state TT champs. Sweet, so awesome to race with these women.

We had slow conditions today- light winds but it was cold (in the 40s) and had rained over night, we had wet pavement and some debris washed on the road. Nothing terrible. I had a strong day. Power dropout for the first 30 sec so I don't know my exact power but it was a little over target and I felt on top of my game. Paced it well, kept it pretty smooth with a VI of 1.0. Only real glitch was sitting up twice when I probably didn't have to- high speed downhill curves on wet pavement and I sat up to cover my brakes. Never braked though so I might as well have stayed in the aerobars. I was out of 2nd place by 21 seconds and being too conservative in those two curves was at least 21 seconds. Better than crashing I guess.

Somehow I wound up 4 min faster than the hour record holder. Maybe its the age difference (she's 15 years older than me) or maybe its just that she's not raced road TTs and she will very quickly figure that out and crush me next month.

Thanks to @Cleave for our held starts today.

Next up, in two weeks: Fiesta Island 20K TT.