Old 10-25-18, 09:51 AM
mingo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonz
I posted on this forum asking for advice on purchasing these travel bags which we did in May 2018.
My wife and I have traveled around the world a few times with our Bromptons, this time we went from New Zealand to 2 places in the US, one stop in Canada then on to Greece and Vietnam then back to New Zealand
In total we used the bags for 2 months and probably about 12 flights in total.
The bags held up really well except for the pull handle where the stitching came loose.
I wrote to Vincita about the problem and they said they would provide replacements but I said I would rather wait until they have modified the stitching.
I just received my new bags and they have reinforced the stitching really well
I am so pleased with the service and I think the bags are so much easier to travel with than anything we've had before. Highly recommended!!

Here's how I packed my Vincita case. I did not want the carrying straps hanging out of the zippered pockets, so I purchased a velcro carrying handle and ran it thru the bottom carrying handle, which also failed as yours did.

This is the carrying handle of the velcro strap

Wheels off, carrying strap passing thru lower handle

Upon arrival, the lower carrying handle's stitches failed. I removed it. For me, it served no purpose.

I had this done to the case: 1 piece of thick red cordura sewn on, with a slot for my carrying handle strap to pass thru. It serves two purposes: To prevent the carrying strap from sliding off the bag, and the red helps me identify my bad sliding down to the luggage carousel.