View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 11:58 AM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 260 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting
I was just hoping to avoid the need to recharge at work, and to get a round trip commute out of one charge, but I can recharge if it comes to that.

Huge difference! I'm hoping it'll allow me to commute all 5 days this week, for a total of 175 miles.
Originally Posted by chas58
That is what I do. In my case, it was about $14 for the spare charger. allows me to use a smaller/lighter/cheaper battery, and these batteries last a lot longer if we don't use too much of their capacity between charges.
Yeah, the test I did on my first commute showed that the battery was clearly loosing its oomph at the end of my 35 mile RT hilly commute, where it was only getting 16 mph on the flats (instead of 20 when fully charged), and that was with me being stingy with the throttle, so I'm going to pick up a spare charger and leave one at work. Right now I'm bringing the charger back and forth, which isn't so bad, but not exactly convenient when commuting every day.