Old 08-31-07, 01:42 PM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
as always, ambiguous short statements cause problems on the internet.

first of all, i never said i didn't like capitalism, i said i had issues with it... one such issue being the idea that a good idea is profitable and anything that is a threat to profits is a threat to the idea itself.

second- i wasn't saying chrome is some big evil corporation... i am however saying that these backside bags don't pose any potential hazard to chrome's profit margin/market share. they're a copied design, sure... but i don't think you should feel bad about giving money to people who work very hard to use an existing design in a product with comparable utility and less durable materials. feel good about giving money to chrome, but don't feel bad about giving money to backside/kemmer. it's ridiculous.

in short- i wasn't very specific...
please don't misunderstand me and say i'm backpedaling(this is ssfg it's what we do) and at the very least don't misquote me. please. it only results in big drawn out discussions.

blickblock said she felt bad about giving a replica/copy enterprise her business, and that's fine. I just wanted to throw in my two cents before everyone got all negative on the bags for more than just their materials.

if you have a moral issue with these bags, feel free to voice it... just don't act like it's some super-noble thing to turn your nose up at replicas because of the poor designers who are making their living off their well executed, better selling, superior product. the inferior cheaper replica isn't stealing the chrome's soul or anything.