Old 04-24-09, 06:44 AM
gamecat
Hoopy Frood

Bikes: Trek 7.3fx, Peugeot PX-10, Fuji Roubaix Pro ('04), Cannondale R600, Triumph Roadsters, Raleigh 20, Univega Nuovo Sport, Schwinn Sierra, Bianchi Osprey, Peugeot NS-22, Batavus Champion, Haro Pulse.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This deserves more than a plain URL. This is awesome.

"*^* Radio for bicycle (handlebar mount) - $15 (Union Square)"

If you're reading this, it's still available. I'm usually pretty good at taking stuff down that's sold.

Want some music as you're riding your bike? Ipod too dangerous? Taxis intimidate you? If so, maybe it's time to HTFU! (ask someone if you don't understand).

Well, if you don't want to HTFU, maybe this handlebar radio/horn is for you. The best part is.......the whole world can listen to what you're listening to. Well, not the whole world, just people around you. It also depends how fast you're moving. If you're riding 7mph on the west side bike path, the joggers & rollerbladers behind you (who are waiting for an opportunity to pass) will enjoy your tunes.

Dial in your station of choice (Z100, Kiss FM, Hot 97, Fresh 102.7, Power 105.1, Lite FM, News Radio 88, 1010WINS, etc.) and enjoy! See that lady up there with her dog? Hit that horn button to alert her you (and the 7 other people behind you are approaching in an aerodynamically tight 8mph echelon paceline). When you hit the horn (works the same way as a horn in the car), the radio function will automatically mute Amy Grant's "Baby Baby".

The guys in my triathlon team don't really enjoy listening to Amy Grant or Paula Abdul. I personally enjoy it very much. But I received a few "broom in the spokes" type threat if I don't take this thing off my bike. So.....it has to go!

Besides, I think it's time I take my training to the next level. With this radio, my bike weighs in at 14.2lbs. With it off (and when I take a rather large dump in the morning before my ride), I can get the bike to 13.659382lbs. As I take my riding to the next level, maybe you can enjoy this radio as much as I have over the past 48 (or was it 49) years.

Cheers!!!