SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
High on my list of pet peeves are social generalizations and stereotyping
Originally Posted by T13
There was none of that in this thread, since no particular person was pointed out. I mean, if i was on the ferry to Avalon, and I saw a guy kitted out in a sausage casing, with a Litespeed, and I turned to my chica and said "look at that ****ing yuppie. I bet he's a selfish ******* who doesn't pick up his dog's poop", then THAT would be stereotyping. But I mean, come on, you can't deny that what we are talking about doesn't happen quite often. Just because yer the one guy with an expensive bike wearing nuthuggers who DOES pick up yer dog's poop, doesn't mean you can forget the 10 others that don't. I mean, I don't get mad when people generalize people who are tattooed up to their ears, because I know, that even though I'm probably not gonna snatch some old lady's purse, there are 10 mother****ers out there that look just like me, that will.

Don't be bummed, homie. You can throw some generalizations at me, if it makes you feel better....
I should clarify, my pet peeve is people who pick up dog crap and then throw the bag on the ground. It doesn't matter your social class, your race, your gender, whatever, what upsets me is the people who do this. For the most part, the bags are biodegradable as well, but it's annoying to see a trail littered with waste bags when the dog poo would have just blended into the surroundings and broken down into dirt far faster if it were not in the bag.

That said, people should pick up their dog waste and carry it with them until they have the opportunity to throw it away properly.