Old 10-23-18, 12:25 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom L
I have a wahoo kick r and have had great luck just using my I phone and zwift
I connect to the trainer, heart monitor and cadence sensor via bluetooth to the phone, and connect the phone
to a 32" wall mount tv via a video cord, works great and I haven't had any connection issues in 8 months of use

also works great on full gaz , I had considerable problems with video on rouvy, so I dropped that subscription.

the workouts on zwift are cool , but most of the time I just go on and ride, a lot of fun.
I also have been embarrassed on a few races that I have joined, but hey, someone has to come in last LOL
I've only had my smart trainer for 2 weeks and have been testing Zwift and Rouvy. I only found Rouvy because I bought a Cycleops Magnus and it's a Cycleops app. I'm using Rouvy on my Android phone and it's very disappointing. In theory it's good but I feel like I spend 10-15 minutes fiddling around to get my trainer and my Wahoo Tickr HR monitor connected and working via bluetooth every time I ride. The entire reason I bought the trainer is because I can barely find 45 minute to ride in the morning so wasting time getting set up every time is frustrating. Maybe it's my phone but it's a brand new Moto G6. Not a $1000 android phone but up to date technology. Zwift using my wife's 2 year old iPad mini just works and takes me about 20 seconds to get set up. If I do stick with Zwift I'll probably buy a used iPhone 5s or 6 and just use that. I'd like to test Trainerroad before making any decisions because it seems like the best pure training app for smart trainers and I'm more interested in getting a focused work out then the immersive gaming style of Zwift. I know Zwift has training now but all the reviews I've read say that Trainerroad is still better in that aspect