Old 10-24-18, 08:21 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
I use Zwift on my iMac via Bluetooth with no issues. No Ant stick needed, and no phone needed either. Works perfectly fine.
I was going to say the same. I didn't understand the comment about needing a phone above.

I have a Kickr Core and it connects easily with all devices. The one thing that you need to check when using ANY app or device is that since Bluetooth is a one to one connection the app or device you are using must be in possession of that connection. If another device has it you won't see it. This is a real problem when you have a phone, a bike head unit, and a computer all competing to get it. ANT+ has less of a problem, but I still find that using my USB dongle works best if I pull it out and reinsert it when I start a session. This disconnects it from any other app. Sometimes closing an app doesn't release the connection either. Sometimes both ANT+ and BT have connected to your trainer and hopefully only one app takes control and it is the one you want.

I use Zwift and The Sufferfest on my iMac, Rouvy on my iPhone since there isn't a Mac version, and I've tried directly from my head unit. Every time I start I have to check all devices, but doing that reduces the frustration.