1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Mooney Advice...

Originally Posted by NoControl
Hi, Everyone. Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. I was just drinking my morning coffee, still in my PJ's, when I saw this on CL. I almost spit coffee everywhere when I saw it, grabbed my phone, and immediately called the seller, who was in Pawtucket, which was a three hour drive. He said there was a guy who already got ahead of me and was making plans to come look at it. I said, "Call me if the deal falls through. I will come promptly and pay full price in cash." Well, that worked because 45 minutes later he called me and said that the other guy wanted to postpone until the weekend, and it was mine if I still wanted it. I just about feel out of my chair right then and there. He even said he'd gladly meet me halfway! That would shave and hour and a half off my trip! I got dressed and let the dog out out and was on my way. We figured out that Burlington, Massachusetts was halfway between us, and we met at The Cheesecake Factory, which was right off the highway.

Nice guy. Said he bough this at an estate sale, which he attended to purchase vintage camera equipment. The guy at the sale asked if he was interested in the frame, so he called a friend, and the friend said ,"BUY IT NOW." I have a feeling this guy got it super-cheap. Thing is, I feel that I got it super-cheap, and I am totally happy with this bike. It wasn't made for me, but the dimensions are perfectly suitable for my body.

So what I'd like to do here is begin a build thread for this bike, and I'd really love to hear suggestions from everyone here. I'm mainly interested in suggestions for components and what gruppo I should use. The rear dropouts are spaced at 130mm, so that means a maximum of a 10-speed cassette. I'm not opposed to using an 8 or 9-speed group if a nice one comes my way. Aesthetically, I would like to keep the bike looking traditional, meaning that I think it would look best if the components are all silver - no black! This frame is nice, and a frame like this deserves the very best.

Please help! Any and all advice welcome!

Get rid of it. Sell it to me... If you won't take my advice.... Don't Tell me where you live, either. WOW, What a find! You handled it just right, Congratulations!!!
Likes For Last ride 76: