sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
To the contrary, I've been riding resistance rollers for over 20 years and really don't see any tire wear on my nice road tires. Thousands of miles, no wear. It's the large drum size and the lack of roughness to tear at the rubber. That's a really cool thing about resistance rollers - just throw your road bike on them and ride, plus plenty of resistance to do intervals, anything you want. They have trainers beat all hollow for everything except standing sprints, and you shouldn't be sprinting indoors anyway, waste of time.

My strong guess is that everyone who uses a trainer checks their tire pressure, at least the rear. Kinda have to to get consistent results.

I think like you said roller user users just jump on and ride. Trainer set up folks check not enough regular items on the bike. BUT a wheel on trainer requires the roller to be pushed against the wheel with a screw type applied pressure. The rollers are using your body weight pressure to apply the contact. I imagine the wear is greater because the force to push the roller into the wheel is probably pretty high? I don't know this just my thoughts.
Likes For sdmc530: