Old 06-28-20, 11:22 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker

For units that use maps, the unit itself calculates the turn instructions. You get the cues 0.1 miles before the turn and they count down. (There's no extra cost for this.)
My 520 couldn't keep up in town with too many turns at 20+ mph. I've never used turn by turn again, and went back to RL cue cheat sheets taped to the top tube. I do use the Maps for Visual confirmation though. Because well street signs are often missing.

Originally Posted by njkayaker
Google has enough trouble selling phones. The market for bicycle computers is too small for Google to want to sell to. Google also wants to use "the cloud", which isn't ideal for cycling because you don't always have an internet connection.
Well That's not even apples to oranges, because Android rocks! Google can't sell phones because they have to compete with android/Apple.

But in the bike computer mapping Industry even Playskool could give Garmin a run for their money, because well Garmin sucks. For the Money Garmin could step up their game. it's the year 2020 Memory is CHEAP, yet charges arm/leg ! quit being stingy!