View Single Post
Old 01-25-21, 04:27 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10442 Post(s)
Liked 11,916 Times in 6,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
Theoretically sounds good. But bear in mind rider didn't want to bother with even re-wrapping bars for several years.

1) I ride a majority of the time with my hands on the sides, where it starts to curve down, or on the hoods.

2) I think I have my thumbs underneath. Or at least I do when I'm climbing.

C) I just looked at how it's set up now for a few seconds. I think the flat was level but I don't know if the hoods are properly positioned.
Yeah, that's a tough one. Setting up a new bar, after 7 years of not even changing bar tape (Ew.) could be tricky.

I can tell you I like mine, but I tend to ride with my thumbs on top when on the tops, or at most with them straight along the bar. I think I started this when I got Ergopower levers and a 'double groove' handlebar, where you run one cable around the back of the bar and one cable along the front. The cable in the back hit my thumbs wrong, so I stopped hooking my thumbs under, and I've been riding that way since 1996.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles