Old 01-27-21, 08:23 PM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 210 Posts
I'll add another vote of confidence for Groody Brothers, who powdercoated a celeste Bianchi for me after gugie did some work on it. I'm on my laptop and don't have images of it on this computer, but I'll point out two nice touches of customer service: I had asked for a specific powder that's recommended for celeste. Mark test ran some other colors that he thought better matched the existing paint, on his own, and sent images for me to compare. I ended up continuing to go with the powder I first picked, but it speaks to their care. Also, the decals I sent were thicker than they should have been and didn't feather nicely under the clear coat (which they send out). Mark asked me to send another set of decals and (I'm guessing) paid for another round of clear-coating on his dime.

Moral, though -- check with VeloCals and your powdercoater/clearcoater for what thickness of decals they want.