Old 02-01-21, 01:23 AM
arizkohli

Bikes: Scott Addict 20 rim brakes, Bergamont Grandurance RD5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xlbs
After years of experimentation I have come to appreciate the SMP saddle line. Tricky to set, and not cheap, but once set they are incomparable (at least for this chubby older rider) If you can find an LBS that carries these, spend some time and money with them, and I anticipate that you'll also appreciate these saddles. I have 5, all on different bikes for different riding styles.
Which SMP line do you recommend? I've ordered an ISM for now but would like to try SMP too as I've good things about it.

Originally Posted by Iride01
Any friends with a bike that might have a few saddles taking up storage space from their try and see experience? Surely someone else you might know will have some they'll let you try out for a ride or two. Maybe even sell or give it to you if you like the fit. If nothing else it'll let you get an idea of what different things about a saddle feel like. Such as saddle profiles, widths and cutout width or even with no cutout.

If you are like me, then as you get more cycling fit you'll find your saddle desires change. In my case I wound up with a saddle not too unlike the original.
Most of the people here ride with original saddles so trying out different ones for me isn't easy. I am also noticing as I am cycling more I'm getting used to the prologo I got, will keep trying others too. Pretty hopeful about the ISM saddle I've ordered.