Old 02-09-21, 05:04 AM
arizkohli

Bikes: Scott Addict 20 rim brakes, Bergamont Grandurance RD5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tgruendl
I am similar in weight and age - 47, about 120kg, but over 2 meters, so my sitting bones are probably further apart than yours. I use a Specialized Power Arc Pro Elaston 155mm saddle. It has a cutout and is rather short. A plus for me was that the saddle drops sharply to the sides so my upper legs don't chafe on the saddle. After some weeks of discomfort and experimentation, I can ride it for 4 or more hours without any issue, having a drop of about 14cm.

Two points where key for me:

An important point was to rotate my hip in a way that I explicitely have my weight on my sit bones. That can be a very strange feeling because you need your core and your back muscles to maintain the position. I lowered my handlebars gradually until I could sit in that position long enough. So I went from having almost no drop and sitting almost straight up to the drop I have now and my perineum is fine now.

The other point was using shammy cream and a good shorts/bibs.
Great to hear this; similar weight and age. So rotating the pelvis helps in taking weight off the perineum with the correct saddle right? I've also put my stem back to original orientation today, lowering the bars and I'm fitting the ISM saddle tomorrow; hoping to ride much lower. Lets see if that solves the problem.

I use shammy cream and alternate between 3 bib shorts; the type shorts don't seem to make much of a difference.to me.