Old 12-21-20, 07:21 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6063 Post(s)
Liked 4,694 Times in 3,238 Posts
Sounds delicious. Certainly if you enjoy making them that is a large part of the picture that most anything else said will pale in comparison. I used to make my own power bars that I used while riding a long time ago. But I didn't enjoy making them enough to continue and simple dried fruit like raisins, figs, apricots and most any other fruit you can dry or dehydrate is what I go for when I do take food. Maybe some sort of granola bar or power bar. Mostly I too just put my carbs in my bottles. I'll do four hour rides with just bottles alone.

I'd be okay with what you are making. I just don't see myself getting ambitious enough to do that any time soon. I do all the meal cooking and bread making. Those things like deserts are really my wife's area. Sadly she doesn't care to ride bikes. Just like sailing, she teases me that she will start, but she doesn't.

My only suggestion might be to look at the carbs (sugars and starches) you are using and see how fast those get absorbed. Some carbs are faster at being absorbed and also some are quicker/easier for your body to convert to energy. But something like that will likely only be real important for times you might ride at an all out pace for several hours. If you don't, then no big deal.

Last edited by Iride01; 12-21-20 at 07:24 PM.
Likes For Iride01: