View Single Post
Old 03-02-21, 08:10 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,955 Times in 2,644 Posts
I don't mind paying a professional to get a professional job done. I do some of my own work but sometimes I really don't want to do it or am having issues or just don't yet have the tools.

I would rather someone come and just say hey can you get this done for me than trying it at home and potentially causing damage and then bringing it to me. Or maybe you know how to do it and do it well but maybe you don't have the tools or just don't have the time. I see no reason to not bring it by.

Having the knowledge to do something is great but it doesn't mean you always have to do it. I can cook really well but sometimes I want something delivered to my house while I sit on the couch and watch Netflix so sue me. I could make some of the dishes and sometimes improve on them but maybe I just wanna relax and let someone else do it.

Also as of note one of my Mechanics is female and awesome. She shares my same passion for vintage stuff and having way too many bikes. So not always paying the man. Also we tend to do a lot of trading so sometimes no paying at all.
Likes For veganbikes: