Old 03-06-21, 11:38 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
I have been wearing a pair of Soft Star Shoes for years. I had a pair of black ones. They are leather, with a 5mm Vibram sole. That's it. The have thinner soles available as well. They have zero arch, zero support, and zero padding. The toe box is large so your toes are free. It is a very barefoot feeling. They can be rolled up. They are very flexible, more so than the Five Fingers I have. I could wear those where I couldn't wear the Vibram Five Fingers. They are much more comfortable as well, nothing crammed between your toes. On a side note, I had to modify the Five Fingers, to join the two middle toes, since mine are webbed. It worked though. I much prefer the Soft Star Shoes though.

I need a new pair now, my cat decided to pee on the floor in the entry way one day, and got the shoes too. I have cleaned them multiple times. I wore them for seven years though. I definitely got my money's worth.
https://www.softstarshoes.com/

You must have glass feet by now. I mean it is probably like a cave with stalactites all the glass that is embedded in them from wearing those. Just pure glass going straight through your fad shoes.

Minus the skins those shoes look decent. Cat pee is never fun. Luckily my cat never got my shoes but did get carpets in her old age and certainly the laminate floors.
Likes For veganbikes: