Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
Howz the ride feel in comparison?

Maybe its just my bikes, but my rim brake bikes are a lot smoother in the front end as the fork does not have to be designed and reinforced to take so much torque from the disk brake down by the axle.

I'm cringing reading about they guy who bought your carbon bike. Geeze, whatever...

Again I am not trying to oversell Ti but it is somewhat magical. I would ride 30 miles on my carbon bikes and my body would be sore for a couple days. At the time I didn't really think much of it and thought I was just out of shape or just pushed too hard, but after only two rides on my Ti bike I have noticed I don't get sore even on back to back rides. Going over broken pavement and bumps on a Ti bike simply doesn't jolt me or kill my wrists like a carbon bike has.

That could be true, however I did test ride a Litespeed Cherohala 105 Disc at a LBS (my dream bike) and while it was a short ride it was also extremely smooth, granted it did have 32mm clinchers which certainly helped but any disc bike will mostly likely be able to accommodate bigger tires than its rim brake counterpart.